Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pumpkin frozen yogurt


I love fall and I love fall food! Pumpkin is one of my favorite ingredients of fall and I love frozen yogurt so much I think it has become my hobby! Lucky me I had all this in my pantry so I could play around and come up with this tasty fall fro-yo! 


Homemade Pumpkin frozen Yogurt

  •  1 cup vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons real grade A maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg, clove ginger
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips

Mix everything together except oreos in a large mixing bowl or heavy duty blender ( I use my ninja) until completely combined.Then Fold in oreo chunks.
Place the mixture in an ice cream maker and Churn for a few minutes until it is a smooth, cool consistency.
 Alternatively, place in a freezer safe bowl and put in the freezer and stir mixture every half hour until it reaches desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment